Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Extreme Nesting or OCD?


So if you have ever been pregnant you know all about the urge to "nest." My nesting instinct hit me early right at 4 months but we had just moved to California and were living in corporate housing so anything I bought we would have to re-pack and re-move to the new place. Plus we didn't know the gender so I only bought a few things to fill the nesting urge. But once we moved into our new place and found out we were having a sweet little girl it was ON! My nesting instinct went into HIGH gear!

First, was to get the room painted... pink, of course. Then was to get her glider.... pink toile, of course. 
Get some art of vintage fashion sketches (Thanks to my amazing friend Neysa who is an incredible artist and custom made them for sweet Ava) .... pink of course!  


Next, there was the closet.... This was the fun part! Ava has A LOT of clothes. I didn't buy a lot of newborn stuff but more 3-6 months and 6-9 months. This is good since this little cutie LOVES her milk and grew out of newborn clothes in 3 weeks. Her room is not super big so maximizing space was key when organizing her closet.

We got a cheap little 6 shelf bookcase and some baskets which hold all of her shoes, burp clothes, socks/tights, extra Nuks, hats, and diaper covers. 


Then I bought closet organizer tabs so that I could organize her "closet clothes" (non-onsie/casual clothes) by size and know what she had for each age group. 

Then at the top I put all of her toys for 3+ months and misc stuff we didn't need just yet. 



Lastly, I put all of her sleepers, onsies, pants that fit her now as well as her swaddle blankets in her dresser drawers.  


I have found that keeping it organized helps a lot and it really helps when Peter dresses her in the morning. He knows exactly where her casual clothes are as well as hats or socks and is able to find stuff easily. 

This is extreme nesting at it's finest... or maybe just a bad case of OCD!

1 comment: