Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shop Till You Drop!

I love a good sale! There is nothing that gets me more excited than to walk into a store and find great deals on the sale rack and then find out it's an additional percentage off that! Of course I am going to buy more when I find out how much I am saving! Well that was definitely the case this week when I went into Macy's. When I worked at Macy's I became obsessed with their First Impressions clothing line for Ava. The clothes were made very well and they looked like little "Katelyn outfits" just in Ava's size. They are normally always on some sort of sale and with a coupon aren't too much. 

Yesterday we were on day 4 of extreme teething (Ava's top teeth are starting to come in) so I decided Ava and I NEEDED to get out of the house. Ava always loves to go for a walk in her stroller and I love going to the outdoor Stanford Shopping Center. I mean normal college campuses have shopping centers near them with Walmart, Target, maybe a Bed Bath and Beyond, definitely a dollar tree and possibly, if you're lucky a Belk/Macy's. Apparently Stanford didn't get the "affordable" college shopping memo because Stanford shopping center only has the best of the best. The "lowest end" shop is Macy's and possibly The Gap. This shopping center is all outdoors, has beautifully landscaped planters along every shop, and is filled with the top of the top stores; Louis Vuitton, Tiffany, Neiman Marcus, Bloomingdales, Janie and Jack, Tory Burch, Kate Spade, David Yurman, Nordstrom.... The list goes on and on. 



Naturally this is Ava's favorite shopping center as well and we normally go for "walks" there every other week with my friend Christy and her little boy Asher. Yesterday Ava and I really went JUST to get out of the house. I wasn't planning on buying anything but then I went into Macy's children's department just to see what new fall stuff they had. I saw the GIANT rounder of clearance pink items and decided just to check it out. That is when I saw all of their summer First Impressions clothes were 87% off and all marked down to $4.97 AND you could use your 20% off coupon on top of that! Now Ava does NOT need any clothes right now. Her closet is PACKED to the max with 6-9 month stuff that still fits and 9-12 month clothes but she really has no clothes past that. So clearly I decided to buy for NEXT SUMMER! Yes that is right I bought Ava 18 month clothes because you cannot turn down $5 quality outfits! It is cheaper than buying them used at Kid to Kid! Check out all of the adorable 18 month outfits I got Ava! 



They also had all of their pants for $4.97 so I got Ava these cutie cute pants for this fall! How fun are those bows and baby jeggingins, ADORBS! 


I always have to share a great sale story!! P.S I got all of the above for $33! Now THAT is a GREAT deal! Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment