Friday, February 8, 2013

Fabulous Friday- Fabulous Faces


Remember when having orange skin used to be super cool? Well I guess it was actually never cool but tanning beds used to be all the rage! I tried and tried to go and get a nice sun kissed tan but always ended up burning and looking like a little pink piggy! The older I got the more I realized I was not going to win the "Miss Hawiian Tropic" competition anytime soon and that I needed to start using a higher SPF and embrace my porcelain complexion. I don't want to look 50 when I am 30 or have terrible dark spots and wrinkles so it was time to invest in taking care of my skin!



First things first SUNSCREEN! Sunscreen for the face is very important. You need something oil free that wont clog your pores but lasts all day. The absolute best face sunscreen is Clarins UV Plus. Even though it is only SPF 40 I have NEVER burnt my face when using it. I also invested in some great hats for those long days in the sun.


For everyday use I have 2 different moisturizers. 1 for the summer and 1 for the winter.... high maintenance much?! For most of the year I use Estée Lauder Daywear Plus. It has SPF 15 in it and smells delish... just like cucumbers!


For those chilly harsh winter months it's Clarins HydraQuench all the way! Has SPF 15 and provides incredible hydration!
Babies also need Fabulous Faces!! As a new Mom I was a little concerned when Ava developed a bad case of baby acne and cradle cap on her ears and eyebrows! The acne is totally normal but because it is winter it started drying out and flaking and looked horribly uncomfortable! So with a little research online I found my new "Miracle Baby Cream"... California Baby Calendula cream! This stuff healed the acne and cradle cap in 2 weeks!! Now my sweet girl has her gorgeous skin back and no more stinky cradle cap!! Like I said miracle baby cream and it's natural and safe to use! 



No comments:

Post a Comment