Thursday, April 4, 2013

Leaving on a jetplane

I just realized I haven't blogged in 6 weeks! Yikes! Things have been a little busy at Casa de Lamar! We went to NC to visit my family and new twin nieces and then the day after we came back I went back to work for a month. We had my Mom and Dad visit and my Sister in law... So the last 6 weeks have been a little nuts!!! Here are some pics of my trip to NC and my sweet little nieces! 

Here are sweet Penelope and Alivia


Big Sister Lila 


My Sister, Me and all our girls! 


Our trip to NC was SO FUN but very busy! I was super stressed about flying there with a 3 month old but Ava seemed to not even notice we were flying somewhere. Here are a few tips I learned when flying with a newborn. 

1. Check the stroller, car seat, and any other big stuff
2. Just carry the baby in the baby bjorn or any other carrier you have
3. Invest in the travel Boppy! It folds up and is perfect for nursing while flying and also provides a place for them to stretch out


4. Pack lots of diapers, blankets, and a change of clothes for EVERYONE 
5. Nurse or feed the baby on takeoff and landing or have the paci handy 
6. Try to relax... babies do cry... it's ok


The flight back was a little rougher due to some turbulence and the pilot trying to avoid it but going up and down a lot and causing lots of ear popping stress! Other than that I feel like Ava was the best little traveler around! Hopefully she will be just as good on our upcoming trips to NC and FL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment