Monday, June 10, 2013

40 pounds lighter

No we aren't talking about pregnancy weight... My closet is now 40 pounds lighter! I did some MAJOR clean out this past week and decided it was time to part with several bags of clothing! At my previous job I was only allowed to wear black so I had SOOO many black professional clothing pieces that would not be used in my current "Mommy wardrobe." I also had some pre-pregnancy clothing that I had been holding on to for some time now. I even had some pieces from when I worked at J.Crew 10 years ago that I was holding on to. I probably would have kept this stuff if we didn't live in a 1100 square foot 2 bedroom apartment. Let me tell you closet space is limited and baby stuff if HUGE! We don't have a garage and we share a little storage room with all of the tenants on our floor so closets and space under the bed have turned into prime real estate! 

Now I really love my clothes, like really, really, really love my clothes but it was time to part with things I had not worn in 2+ years. I didn't just want to donate them because pretty much everything I own is from J.Crew, Banana, Old Navy or Ann Taylor Loft so I looked into some consignmenet options. There are not a ton of consignment shops around us so I found a few online and decided to go with Thredup.com. 


This website has a pretty simple process


1. They send you a bag


2. You fill it with clothing from your closet that you no longer want


3. They pay for shipping back to them


4. Then you get money!!! 

Now I still haven't gotten any cash yet since I just sent them in but I am assuming they will take a lot of my stuff. My first bag was 23lbs and this one weighed 17lbs! Now I have so much more room for baby stuff storage and maybe a little extra room for a teeny tiny shopping spree! ;) 

If you think your clothes are super rad and want back what they don't take you can pay $9.95 for your items to be shipped back. Me personally once it's gone I don't want it back! 

Now onto Peter's closet... :-) 




1 comment:

  1. Love your blog design, Katelyn! And thanks for the Thredup tip. There was a great consignment shop in Denver where I started dropping off stuff, and it's amazing how addictive it can be to actually get some cash back for your old stuff instead of just giving it away!

    ReplyDelete