Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pop that bubbly!


I was never a big fan of sparkling water. I remember one time when I was around 11 I was at my friends house and her parents gave me a sparkling water bottle instead of a regular water bottle and I thought they had given me alcohol. I remember taking a big sip and swallowing thinking OMG they gave me vodka and was clearly "drunk"! I thought and thought about whether to tell the Mom that I had now consumed a giant gulp of "vodka" and decided after about 10 minutes to sheepishly say " Um Mrs. X I think I got adult "water" instead of regular water." She looked at my "vodka" water bottle and said "OH I am sorry Katelyn I must have given you Mr. X's sparkling water." I looked at her and said "sparkling water? I thought that was vodka?" She just looked at me very puzzled and laughed and then handed me a real water. 

Clearly not yet used to the finer things I was not a fan of sparkling water until I got pregnant. I had HORRIBLE I mean ABSOLUTELY can't get out of bed throw up 15 times a day morning/ALL DAY/ ALL NIGHT morning sickness! Sadly it did not go away until around 20 weeks and then came back all guns blazing around 35 weeks. I was very thankful to know that my little "nugget" was growing just fine but seriously was it necessary to get sick ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT? Hopefully Baby #2 (who is NOT on the way for those of you who are wondering) will be easier on their Mommy! ANYWAYS, sparkling water and bread were about the only things I could keep down. I wasn't able to have much sparkling water after week 28 when the intense heartburn kicked in, but week 8-28 I sucked down sparkling water like it was my JOB! Trader Joes has some great sparkling water at a good price but lugging cases into the car is not so fun... Then my Mom bought my Dad a Sodastream and my eyes were opened to a whole new world! 



The SodaStream is INCREDIBLE! You just fill the bottle up with water, pump the button 2-3 times and VIOLA time for some bubbly! They also have flavor packets for you soda lovers! When your Co2 cartridge runs out you can just exchange it at your local Target, BevMo, Walmart, or Khols for a new one for $14.99! Such a GREAT DEAL! 

Another little bubbly friend I found the other day are these ADORABLE Frances Coppola champagne cans! I mean how cute are these and they come with a cute little straw! Perect for a little summer's day picnic, girls night BBQ, or a drink to sneak into the movie theater... WHAT?!?! :-) 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment