Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Doggie Days of Summer


So my Hubby is literally one of my favorite people in this world. He is incredibly smart, seriously handsome, and has the funniest sense of humor. Peter thinks many normal things in life are just too funny. For example he absolutely loves chubby babies. He told me every day while I was pregnant to eat donuts so I could grow him a chubby baby. Luckily I did not get gestational diabetes and Ava was born at a normal weight and since then has grown some of the most adorable perfect leg rolls. Peter also loves oddly shaped animals, his favorite is the dachshund. Peter told me one day that if we ever "fall into some money" he wants to retire and own a farm, normal enough dream... Then he told me that he would like to breed dachshunds on this farm. I think he saw my absolute confusion so he further clarified. He said how funny would it be to see a heard of dachshunds run over a hill, their little legs working as hard as possible, their ears flapping away and their bodies slightly touching the ground with every leap. I could not stop laughing! Of course Peter was kidding, sort of. As you can imagine this has no become a long running joke with our friends and family. Everyone knows of Peter's fondness for the oddly shaped 4 legged furry friend. So throughout the years we have collected some memorbelia as an hommage to his dream. 

The obvious, yet still funny, dachshund corn on the cob holder 


The oh so helpful and so delightful dachshund rubber cable ties


The dachshund summer serving platter


And the newest addition to the collection, dachshund shorty shorts. Perfect for exposing those perfect baby thighs! 


Love you babe. XOXO

Oh and P.S. If we ever "fall into some money" we will not be owning a farm but a beach house instead. ;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment