Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day


When I think of the word Mom I think of many different things. I think of warmth, love, kindness, braveness, exhaustion, hugs, kisses, freshly baked cookies, hero, superwoman, chauffeur, cook, maid, doctor, therapist, best friend, and home. I have been blessed with an amazing Mom, a supermom! A woman who has absolute unconditional love for me, my siblings, and her grand babies... heck even the kids down the street! She would do anything for us, give anything for us, and be anything for us. She always encourages, always gives great advice, always finds humor in every situation and always has shown us God's unconditional love. 

The one thing that my Mom has always done was teach us how to have a home that honors God. When I think of the word home and I instantly think of my Mom. I think of a home where laughter is the first thing you hear when you enter in the front door, where food is the first thing you smell and where God is the center of it all. A home is a place where you cry, where you laugh, where you praise, where you entertain, where you pray, where you dance, a home is where you feel safe and where you love. 

Even though I am 2,791 miles away on Mother's Day I feel at home because my Mom has always taught me that near or far home is where there is love. Thank you Mom for always helping us find and create our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment